Tuesday 25 December 2012

Happy Christmas!!

Happy Christmas to you all!  Helen did a fantastic job of decorating our flat, which has now been nicknamed the 'grotto' and feels very festive.

Looking festive - the back of the bookcase makes a great fireplace!
Our Christmas celebrations got off to a great start on Saturday evening when Helen and I held a Christmas party, complete with a buffet, mulled wine and facepaints...


The fruits of our labour (with sparkle effect!)

Daisy wasn't sure about being a Christmas pudding... 

...but the boys enjoyed being big cats! 
We spent yesterday evening at Susie's flat and very much enjoyed a mince pie and (another!) glass of mulled wine whilst we opened our 'Secret Santa' presents.  Susie is cooking Christmas lunch today - we have managed to find a pork shoulder joint and a very small chicken to roast...  I've put together a quiz for later, and Helen and I have everything we need for the 'chocolate game'.  It will be a different Christmas but I am sure it will be full of fun and festive cheer!

I hope that you all have a very happy Christmas - I'll be in touch soon with more news from Ethiopia.





No comments:

Post a Comment